Family Medicine Residency Program
2013-2014 Program Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in the Northern New Mexico Family Medicine Residency Program.
We do accept applications for foreign medical school graduates. However, the following requirements for consideration apply:
- Graduation from medical school within the past five years
- A minimum of two years clinical practice in the United States
- A minimum score of 200 on the USMLE
In addition, applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have a valid work permit or be eligible for a J-1 visa.
Our screening criteria includes your response to the following:
- How will the Northern New Mexico Family Practice Residency Program meet your specific training needs?
- Please describe any previous experience that you may have had in the Northern New Mexico area.
- What are your plans following residency training?
As you may be aware, we only accept applications on ERAS. The application processing period is from the opening of the ERAS post office until November 1, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled between November 1, 2013 - January 31, 2014.
If you would like more information on our residency program, please download our brochure here, or please visit our University of New Mexico web site here.
We wish you success in your search for a program that will fill your needs.
We are offering a spousal or significant other travel and lodging subsidy of $250. Visit the following website for more information:
Visit the following link to explore opportunities to get reimbursed up to $1,000.00 for rotating in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico: